Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Birthday

I am involved in a card swap with a different theme or requirement each month.  The theme for July was anything you want, but you had to use ribbon somewhere on the card.  I thought this was going to be an easy-peasy swap until I remembered that I am severly ribbon-challenged.  Ugh, I can never get my bows to look right even though I have 4 (yes four) different "easy" bow-making contraptions. 

I decided to make a simple birthday card and employed 2 of my bow systems to make a decent bow.  I used tons of glitter on the flames and a few of the candles are on pop-dots to give some dimension.  Of course my bow is defective, but hopefully the glitter distracts you.  lol. 

The candles are all different sizes cut with my Cricut Expression (or was it my E2?) and the background paper was embossed with a birthday Cuttlebug folder that I've never used. 


No comments:

Post a Comment