Monday, July 1, 2013

New Pad

My parents have retired and their house is finally ready for move-in.  They've been in a small apartment with their big old dog for a few months now and I know they are excited to be in a  home again.  I wanted to use a new stamp set I just bought and knew this was just the occasion!  I used more supplies for this card than any other project!!  I'm always amazed at how people can use 3 or 4 different stamp sets on one project.  Well, for this card I used stamps from 5 different sets.  Wow, that's got to be a record!!  The frog, lily and pad came from The Stamps of Life "Froggy2love" set.  I spritzed some Goosebumps Texture Spray on him to make him bumpy, added some google eyes and then popped him on an Action Wobble.  The lily was stamped with Stampin Up Melon Mambo ink, 2nd generation and colored in with chalks.  I think it turned out so pretty.  I also folded the edges up so that it's coming off the paper.  The little fish at the bottom are from Close To My Heart "Noah's Parade" stamp set that I've had forever but never used.  oops.  The "Congrats" was from a mini stamp set I had at the bottom of my drawer and the rest of the title came from another Close To My Heart mini alphabet set.  I thought it needed another critter, so I stamped a butterfly in each corner from yet another mini stamp set.  I should have left well enough alone, because I hate them!!  Maybe I can figure out some way to cover them up.  Knowing me, I'll just trash it and make a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment